This weekend I got almost no reading done! I was determined to finish two books and fell sadly short.
But all is not lost, I didn’t have as much time to read because we introduced this new addition into our family!
Now we already have quite a few pets, we have three cats, the kid has a hamster, and I have a hedgehog, so we definitely have a full house already! We did however, promise her a dog when we moved into our new house last year, so here we are!
Growing up, I had a total of three Pugs in my 18 years of living at my parents house. Do you know how much work pugs are? Basically none. They are tiny, chill, lazy dogs.
You know how much work German Shepherd puppies are?!
OH MY GOODNESS! I’m trying to eat better and start exercising, I swear I lost five pounds this weekend alone trying to keep up with the little stink.
Things I’ve learned so far having a two month old puppy:
- It’s basically like having a toddler in the house again.
- Puppies do not care between cat food and dog food and will try and eat anything.
- Introducing dogs and cats is HARD.
- Crate training is a long and difficult process.
- You will be tired as shit but the puppy DOES NOT CARE.
- Puppy whining is LOUD and will break your heart, and ignoring it is way harder than I thought it would be.
- It’s all worth is and they are absolutely adorable and you will fall in love immediately.
It has been a very long and very busy weekend, but despite the bite marks on toes, the sore legs, and the teeth marked shape hole in one of my favorite dresses, it’s all worth it.
We are so happy to have this new addition in our family, and I can’t wait to share more updates about her and how she is fitting into our life!
1 thought on “Life: Getting A Puppy”